Friday, March 20, 2015

There Are Too Many of Us


I listened to Blur a LOT in the 1990s, A LOT!!! In fact,  listened to them so much that I couldn't bear the sound of Damon Albarn's voice for much of the 2000s. It became so grating to me that I missed out on Gorillaz, The Good, the Bad & the Queen, and whatever else Albarn and co. were doing musically at the time (bar the Albarn's involvement w/ the crucial Honest Jon's record label)... Overkill? Changing tastes? Drummer Dave Rowntree's appalling treatment of Nardwuar? I have no fucking clue. That being said, it's nice to hear Blur return w/ such strong material in 2015 that is true to the band's original spirit, but doesn't cash in on mere nostalgia or pander to current trends. Any which way, my ears are open again! I am listening. PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment